Employ to Empower (ETE) supports residents in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (DTES) community by providing access to development and entrepreneurial resources. Our resources include affordable microloans and business mentorship, with the goal of having a long-term impact on our members’ personal and economic well-being. We also actively advocate for creating positive social change in the DTES.
Title Description: Sponsorship Coordinator (Fundraising Specialist)
Reporting To: Christina Wong, Executive Director
Location: Vancouver (or able to commute to Vancouver when needed)
Desired Start Date: Sept 2020 (Minimum 1-year commitment)
Commitment: 8-10 hours/week (including two 1 hour meetings a week)
Position Type: Volunteer
The Sponsorship Coordinator (Fundraising Specialist) reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the ideation and execution of a fundraising plan to reach our goal of $20,000. This position is open to creativity as you explore different partnership opportunities with potential long- or short-term donors, as well as formulate a concrete fundraising plan.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will work alongside the Advocacy team to create events that align with our mission: empowering the residents of the DTES with a Hand-up approach, providing a platform to share their strength and resilience, and educating the Vancouver community around the stigmas in the DTES.
- Ideate new fundraising opportunities and donor relations that will allow us to reach our fundraising goal of $20,000
- Work with Executive Director to contact and solidify the donation amount
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to share sponsors on our social media platforms and during the event
- Work with Community Outreach Coordinator and Executive Director to give thank you cards to sponsors in-person
- Working alongside the Advocacy team to create events that align with our mission: empowering the residents of the DTES with a Hand-up approach, providing a platform to share their strength and resilience, and educating the Vancouver community around the stigmas in the DTES
- Results-oriented: Proven track record in obtaining corporate donors/sponsors for events up to $20,000.
- Knowledge: Strong understanding in creating compelling pitch decks, pitching and email marketing templates for all stakeholders (donation champions, donors, corporate sponsors, vendors)
- Proactivity: Able to seek for new partnerships, and helping the Executive Director reach the fundraising goal of $20,000
- Entrepreneurial and innovative: Seeks creative new opportunities that both align with our mission and add greater value to the organization and the community – purposeful, ethical, innovative
- Flexibility: Able to adapt and pivot in times of uncertainty (for example COVID-19)
- Strong Organization Skills: Time management, punctuality
- Diligence: Complete tasks in a timely manner with great efficiency and effectiveness
- Effective and engaging communicator: Passionate communicator, articulating the Employ to Empower message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community.
- Compassionate and cares deeply for the DTES community
- 2+ years of experience volunteering/working in the DTES
- 1+ years of experience in sponsorship, marketing, or events planning
- Self-starter, curious by nature and keen appetite to learn new concepts/ideas out through research
- Strong interpersonal skills and high relational empathy
- Ability to prioritize, lead and balance multiple projects at once and meet goals
- Strong ability to tolerate chaos and thrive in it
- Immensely strong communication on email, phone, and text
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- High degree of patience, compassion positivity and enthusiasm with an ability to exercise initiative, tact, and discretion
- Strong and confident leadership
- Ability to work as a team and individually
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary education and have completed, or be in the process of completing, a degree related to Business, Marketing and/or Communications.
Must be enrolled in post-secondary education and have completed, or be in the process of completing, a degree related to Business, Marketing and/or Communications.
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org